Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Storms, Seedlings & Socks!!!

I was woken by thunder and lightning this morning!! The wind and the rain have been awful too!!! As you know wednesday is cleaning out chickens day!!! Well not today, sorry its too wet! So I went down and put arm bands on them to make sure they floated just incase it got any worse!!
Then dashed straight back inside!!

Just look at the sky...



This was at 07.00 this morning! and this was the next lot coming over...



and it has been like that all morning!! Now I was supposed to be preparing the new chicken run area this week, ready for the move at the weekend, but it is just so wet! I have some large shrubs that need to be moved before it gets too warm but that will have to wait because its a quagmire out there, or will be if I start digging!!

Everything in the propagator is coming along nicely, from there they get moved to the windowsill, where I wrap some cardboard in foil which helps reflect the light and stops the seedlings leaning so much...




These 2 photos, where taken at 07.30 this morning without the flash which is why they are quite dark!! But you can see nothing is straining for the light! I have Tomatoes Gardeners Delight, Black Cherry and Roma Plum, also Peppers, Chillies and some Basil.
Upstairs I have this lot (this was taken about mid-day)



the ginger for the Pip Challenge



the Dates..



and something called a Sensitive plant which looks like this



but after you've touched it does this..



they are still tiny yet. Tori grew some a couple of years back and it grew quite large, then she killed it by forgetting to water it!!!!

I'm getting 'stir crazy' being in all the time! I don't know how you people in Canada & USA cope with all that snow and being stuck in? Theres only so much housework you can do, but lets be honest who wants to do housework? Not me!!

I am knitting something for my little nieces birthday in April! I need to find something else to knit, but haven't been inspired yet! Someone suggested I knit socks?? Mmm! Not sure about that! I think I would be very upset if they got holes in, cos my lot are quite hard on socks!!

7 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

The weather here has been amazing today - we've had the best sunshine and the most torrential showers - now thunder! - Likewise my chooks are wondering what the heck is going on - they were sunbathing a minute ago, now they're shivering under their house!!! - Go on give the socks a go - you'll love them!!!!

RUTH said...

We've been very, very lucky. Started wet but then it's been sunny/cloudy all day....no more rain.Yahoo!! Your window sills look just like mine and so glad to find another non housework lover. Not sure how old your neice is...how about a knitted bag
http://www.knitkit.com/ show some good examples.

Vallen said...

It's raining cats and sogs here, too. It even snowed in the hills last night which rarely ever happens. I'm all for blowing a lot of hot air in hopes things will warm up some. Ready? On three...

Vallen said...

I meant dogs but in fact sogs is more appropriate

Gill said...

WOW just look at that ginger plant!!! I have tried ginger and it just curled up its toes LOL

Take care

Shammickite said...

You must have green fingers and toes, as all your cuttings and seeds seem to be doing all the right things and sprouting like mad! looking good!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

We have the same kind of weather over here. Boring isn't it? Rain, rain and then some more rain. And there's nothing you can do in the garden, everything is just too soggy.

Your seedlings look promising and so do the cuttings.

Let's hope the weather will get better soon or else we'd be climbing the walls, don't you think?