Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alone!

I sometimes get fed up of being alone. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my own company but I love to chat too. Being a weekend you would expect (hope) people would be around but nope! Hubby has had to go into work, again. He is so overworked its not true. I would never complain, as he is the man who earns the "Crusty Bread" but sometimes I worry as he works exceptionally long days. The company he works for has a new man at its head, he was an accountant and we all know what accountants always see....... the bottom line, not so much the care of the work force!

Tori is busy doing her homework in her room, she is quite motivated after getting a 'B' for her last assignment. All I can hear is the tap of the keyboard and 'Disney songs', she does love disney!!Lol!

So I have to keep out of mischief!!!!

So out came my bag of materials and with a cut, cut here and a snip, snip there



I made another chicken



this is for a friend, who I know does not read my blog, but has been going through a rough period having lost her job .



Looks good in a frame. They are quite fiddly to do so keep me occupied. I love them cos they seem to have a personality once put together! They make me laugh!

I want to do a cat, but I can't seem to get it right! I like the shape of this one



but it needed layers so I added the stripes, but I can't get the face right, in fact the more I look at it the less character it has. To be honest it has to many 'little' bits which means it takes an age to put together and now I've seen it on my blog I don't like it!!!
So my crafting friends, suggestions please. I love cats and would love a patchwork cat, with character, I need to simplify it, I think!

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Great idea to frame it. Will have a think! I have a good idea for a reindeer!

Auntie Noo said...

I live alone so spend all my time talking to myself! I love your chicken , but I really think the cat is special (and I'm not a cat person usually - maybe I like this one cos it won't pooh in the veg plot???!!!!)

Shammickite said...

Love that red chicken, she looks very determined... perhaps there's an egg on the way and she's heading towards the nest box?

Julia Guthrie said...

Oh the cat would look cute 'face on'! Then you could just do the head, 2 little paws & a big swirly tail...perhaps that might work?

They are all gorgeous though :)