Saturday, July 21, 2007

'Harry Potter'-ing about the Garden!

Well she had a lovely time, came home tired and actually very cold! So tucked her up in bed with a warm drink and a wooly pully!

She didn't get up till late and I haven't seen much of her since either, she has the new Harry Potter Book!!!!

So I went out while the weather was dry. Do you remember this pile of wood?



Well at long last I have done something with some of it look.............




Looks quite posh hey?

Meanwhile down the garden, things aren't looking too good!




The garlic is looking really poorly, I had to dig some up as a potato had snuck its way in here. It has not done well at all. No cloves just like one big onion, only its little!!!



The Victorian Peas have suddenly burst into life, we have had a couple of pods, raw in salad! But tomorrow for lunch I think we can manage a pan full!!



The onions, well I wish I hadn't bothered still small



and one has gone to seed...



pretty though!

Something is growing on the side of my tree fern...



I wonder if I should be worried??? A closer look.....



It looks like some fronds are about to unfurl here!!!

9 comments:

Gretel said...

Our garlic was tiddly as well, everything is all a bit haywire in the veg patch! I think your onions look fine, I tried them last year and they were doll size...I would have been proud of those ones!

RUTH said...

Wow...very posh edging; really sets the plants off well. I reckon all the rain has done your garlic in. Glad Tori got home safe and sound...doubt if you'll see her till she's finished with H.P.
That looks exciting on your tree fern....never seen one shoot from the side.
Rx

Shammickite said...

More great garden pics. Sorry to hear you need canoes to get about... we saw pics of the UK floods on Canadian TV news yesterday... you've had SO MUCH RAIN, I can hardly belive it's summer over there!!

Shammickite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shammickite said...

Sorry, the comment appeared twice so I deleted the second one.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos of Tori and so glad she had a wonderful time - and breakfast with Harry Potter - what a perfect end to an exciting weekend.

Wow - our garden - fancy a job here as my landscape gardener?

What a difference I hope that you are justifiably proud - it really does finish it all off.

So exciting - your tree fern - can't wait to see what developes - maybe this rain has caused it?

Anonymous said...

A lovely blog with beautiful photographs. I am surprised anything is growing, as I have heard what awful weather you have been experiencing.

Marie

A wildlife gardener said...

Your daughter looked like a fairy princess...and I bet I was right when I said she'd be the belle of the ball...absolutely stunning!

Great edging to your path now...well done!

Your veggies will all taste a thousandfold better than any of those shop-bought ones all washed and in their plastic knickers :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent recycling of that old wood. I've got my HP book and finished reading it! :)