Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!

I have been thoroughly spoilt today by my lovely daughters, I got a number of presents........... 2 plants (of course) 1 is a Bird of Paradise (tropical) and 1 a Spirea, both are now in pots and of course I forgot to take pics.

But I also got




The BBC'c period drama North & South starring Richard Armitage, he is such a dish! He was the bloke who Geraldine married in the 'Vicar of Dibley' and was also 'Guy of Gisborn' in the BBC 'Robin Hood'. Plus a 'Best of 10cc' CD! Who remembers them??? I have been playing it over and over!!
I also have a new visitor to my garden



She is so cute and I think replaces the one whose wings broke, who went away and has not been seen since?

I thought you might appreciate my youngests card as well






MMmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst outside my lovely hubby managed to get the big tree stump out for me, and Tori and I put up the trellis



I think you get the idea of what I'm doing now! If we don't have snow I can get on with the rest of the plan, I don't mind working in the cold as long as its not wet!!

8 comments:

RUTH said...

What lovely presents; I'm a garden fairy person myself and of course have heard of 10CC. Love that card...how funny!
Enjoy the rest of the day
Rx

lilymarlene said...

I love that video. I taped the programmes when they were first shown and often watch them when ironing. He is a dish isn't he!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Richard Armitage eh? It seems we do not only share the same taste in gardens but also in dishy men. ;-)

I like your new little garden friend, very cute!

That card from your youngest cracked me up. She's got the same sense of humor that you have. ;-)

The trellis looks very good and is giving more structure to your garden. Slowly but surely your garden is taking shape.

BTW Mothers Day in Holland will be in May, so much later than yours.

Still no snow? Let's hope it stays that way. Here it's much colder but the sun is out this afternoon after a long morning of rain, rain and rain. There's also a lot of wind, cold wind!

Shammickite said...

Happy Happy Mothering Sunday, have a restful day and I hope Hubby cooks dinner for you!

Suzi-k said...

that's interesting, I always assumed mother's day would be the same day everywhere! Ours is the first Sunday in May, and Father's day the 2nd Sunday in June.
Looks like you have also been having a hectic time, terrible the way the real world can intefere with our blogging...:)

Anonymous said...

The garden is looking great - and I can see that you have a really posh new shed!

I like the way your garden twists and turns, it is truly a cottage garden

Wow you got a lot of lovely pressies - nice being spoiled isn't it.

Snow here today, so have not beed outside - and am supposed to go out tonight but............I will see.

I can tell you are feeling perkier - cos of all the things you are doing.

xxxx

Bob said...

Mmmm! I just can't get over how much I resemble Richard Armitage! It looks to me like you've been getting spoilt - well done Libby.

Petunia's Gardener said...

What a nice day you had! And the garden is coming together so nicely. I've been trying to do some curtains and stuff in the house, but I'd much rather arrange the garden. Enjoy.