Saturday, April 07, 2007

Family Visit!

My sister came to visit today! Yee Ha!!! Haven't seen her since before Christmas.



We have had a lovely time, my middle neice and her boyfriend came too, his name is Mark.....



and here is my smallest neice Emily on the Playstation with Tori...



we had lots of fun and lots of food, my sister bought cakes, heres hubby with a fruit cake he and Jay (Caro's hubby) cut in half and shared between them!!!



Now is this an undiscovered species of bee? we took pics of it today down the garden and I have never seen one before, It has a long proboscis (sp) and hovers



6 comments:

RUTH said...

Isn't family time wonderful!!! We also have had these bees around for the last 4 or 5 years!!!not sure what type they are
Rx

Sheila said...

I've never seen one of these before..!
When we were in Portugal hubby videoed one on a flower covered bank. It looked like a regular Bumble bee, but was jet black.
And I though they all wore yellow and black stripes..!

Anonymous said...

Looks like one of the 'hummingbird' bee species

Thanks for sharing your lovely family day - and my goodness your sister and your niece with the baby look identical

Isn't it great that the weather is so summery and we can all enjoy being outdoors with our families.

Talking of which - another 6 of our s are arriving and I haven't hidden the eggs for the hunt yet.

Vallen said...

Just getting caught up with you and your graden. The patio furniture looks smashing. And your family is beautiful What fun to have them near.

Shammickite said...

I'll keep a look out for one of those bees, the ones we get here are striped and fat and fluffy. But none out there right now, can you believe it's still cold and SNOWING!!!!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Lots and lots of happy smiling faces, that's what I'd like to see and I did. ;-)

Your lungwort is looking pretty with all those blue and pink flowers and lovely dotty err dotted leaves.

I have no idea what beastie that is.