Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Growing!

Well after a very hectic week normality returns. We had a lovely time and K popped back for one night which was lovely of her, it seems ages since we have seen one another!

Crafting has halted slightly as I have hurt my neck and been told not to sit in one position for too long. By the way my mum was thrilled with the apron I made her for mothers day! So now I can make some more!!

As for the seed growing, well that is coming on in leaps and bounds!
The first Ensete has sprouted


and a second one has sprouted roots!


I get such a buzz out of growing things from seed. Hubby loves me having the propagater in the kitchen, he says he likes to watch my face when I check it each morning. If something new has sprouted I'm like a mother hen (apparently), I'm sure I'm not!

My 'Wilko's Colocasias are coming along in an altogether different way!

Wilko's 1, as it is called


has decided its a hedgehog!

Wilko's 2 is doing what it should do!!!


I have planted some Basil seeds, and if you grow nothing else you should have a go at Basil. It grows quickly, comes in different colours, smells beautiful when you brush against it, can be kept on the windowsill and is divine when cooked with. Just in case you think I'm nuts having so many pots of it, some is for K at Uni!



Remember I showed you the 'Red Banana Collection' I bought from Ebay and recieved the 27th Feb, well look the Tandarra has sprouted a new leaf already!


I have so much I want to plant, but I am being a good girl and doing a bit at a time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous plants - and basil too - I love basil.

Janice said...

I'm so sorry you have hurt your neck! I hope the pain eases up soon! I completely enjoyed seeing all the sprouts, and I would be the same, acting just like a mother hen! They are, afterall, your babies! :o)

A wildlife gardener said...

I love reading your blog, Libby. Everything you grow is exotic and different to anything I grow..so I am always interested in all your efforts, even the little basil seeds. The banana plant sprouting a new leaf already must have been a great feeling..you are definitely green-fingered :)

Cheryl said...

Love Basil to Libby....have grown it most years, lovely with mozzeralla? and tomatoes.
I love watching your seeds and bulbs come to life, I feel like I am part of the adventure.
Hope you had a lovely mothers day.

Auntie Noo said...

Well Spring has surely sprung at your house!! - It's so exciting to see your seeds. Hope your neck is better soon.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

It's nice to see things coming up or sprouting. Wilko's 1 is looking very weird at the mo. :-)