Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cooking fun!!

So what am I to do with all those 'Green Tomatoes and Red.......Tomatoes' well you go looking for recipes and my friend Mrs Nesbitt had very kindly put a green tomato chutney recipe on'Its not Easy Being Green' forum so I followed it



Gathered all the ingredients and got chopping!

put it all in the pan and started cooking


no offence Mrs N but this doesn't look very appetising but we will continue because the recipe does say 'leave for 4 -6 weeks to allow to mature! Now it is in jars it looks quite tasty!!

Now what do you do with loads of Red Tomatoes, well I remember my other friend Lottie(cos of course I only have 2) had a Spicy Tomato Cooking Sauce on her blog so here is the onion, garlic and chopped tomatoes..............


then I added the spices

mmmmmmmmmmmm this looks very scrummy, its just cooling at the moment, ready for freezing.

and I still have this lot left



ps: can you see the little chicken in some of these pics??????

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

You need some nice labels dear!
They will be in the post tomorrow!

Dxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you like my red tomato recipe too Libby.

Looking really good.