Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cooking fun!!

So what am I to do with all those 'Green Tomatoes and Red.......Tomatoes' well you go looking for recipes and my friend Mrs Nesbitt had very kindly put a green tomato chutney recipe on'Its not Easy Being Green' forum so I followed it



Gathered all the ingredients and got chopping!

put it all in the pan and started cooking


no offence Mrs N but this doesn't look very appetising but we will continue because the recipe does say 'leave for 4 -6 weeks to allow to mature! Now it is in jars it looks quite tasty!!

Now what do you do with loads of Red Tomatoes, well I remember my other friend Lottie(cos of course I only have 2) had a Spicy Tomato Cooking Sauce on her blog so here is the onion, garlic and chopped tomatoes..............


then I added the spices

mmmmmmmmmmmm this looks very scrummy, its just cooling at the moment, ready for freezing.

and I still have this lot left



ps: can you see the little chicken in some of these pics??????

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

You need some nice labels dear!
They will be in the post tomorrow!

Dxx

lottie the allotment lady said...

Glad you like my red tomato recipe too Libby.

Looking really good.