Sunday, August 03, 2008

Chutney Mountain!

I made even more yesterday. Date and Banana Chutney, the recipe I got from the Potting Shed Forum.

So here we have the pan with all ingredients in



stirred up and cooking, the smell was divine and not your usual vinegary chutney cooking smell, it was just like Christmas??!!



All cooked and ready to pot up into sterilized jars. Again I expected the bananas to go to mush but they didn't.



Now it is all potted up. I can't wait to taste this one, I think it will go really well with a curry and we love our curries in this house!



My Chutney Mountain!



I still have at least two more to make, my courgette one and my most favourite of favourite Spicy Apple Chutney. Then of course there maybe the Green tomato Chutney one as well.
I'm off to the library on Monday as there are a couple of books on chutneys and jams I'm interested in getting out!
I really enjoy making chutney, maybe I should turn it into a small business! Probably to many Health and Hygiene issues to overcome!

Bit of a hectic week ahead, hubby has to go in for an endescope, red car for MOT, T has an opticians appointment as well as volunteer work at the 'Wiltshire Scrapstore' plus we have to make plans for a new addition to our household!!!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Libby.....busy busy busy....I like the look of the banana chutney, havn't seen that one before.
There was a post last week on Naturewitch blog....she made green tomato marmalade.....I am going to try it, if I get plenty of unripe tomatoes.....

Hope you get everything sorted and can't wait to see your new addition....is it another chicken????

Libbys Blog said...

Thanks for the link for the Green tomato Marmalade, looks really good!
No its not a new chicken, although at the rate they are laying 1 egg a day and then only for fours days of the week!! I will be getting four new chickens!lol!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - I fancy having a go at the chutney-very unusual

Shammickite said...

MMMMMM looks yummy!
Ages ago I made a beetroot chutney which was delicious, but I've lost the recipe. Perhaps I'll search the 'net for one.

Teena Vallerine said...

THank-you for popping in on my blog. Glad I found you. More chutney recipes please! that date and banana looks too naughty! love it! t.xx