Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Love My Garden!

Trying to do a bit around the garden, but having to be careful as the last 2 weeks has taken a toll on my back. I have to move the chickens eglu and fencing twice a week, which is doing me no favours! So have booked myself an appointment with the physio for next week hopefully she can save me! My GP wants a report from her as he wants to send me for a scan to see how bad my back is, which could mean an op!!! I told him I'd had enough ops to sink a ship and maybe I could survive!!!!

Anyway, another trip down my garden to see how it grows? Do you ever get fed up of the same old, same old?? I reckon if you came to visit you could walk my garden blindfolded! I used to do lots of things, crafts and cooking etc all I seem to do is my garden but I love it so much, I feel so rested and relaxed whilst I'm out there.... I have been planning my Christmas gifts, but then I can't blog about them. I could always stop blogging!!!!!!!!!!


I don't think so...........

So lets start with a problem..... my Maurelli... a few weeks ago a leaf seemed to get stuck then since then all it produces is distorted leaves! I have asked the question on my tropical forum so await there answer.



My Red Tiger banana is growing at a pace now the weather has warmed up!



My original banana, seems to have recovered from it leaf colour problems earlier this year! It is sending pups up left, and right. I am hoping that next year the main banana may flower, we will have to see. But once its flowered it will die which is quite sad.



My tree ferns are going mental this year



especially the little one.
My Indian Bean tree has grown massively, probably a bit too massively!!



we may have to move this come the autumn, but I have just the spot!
Whilst K is home I have 'used' her in the garden, she like me enjoys being outside so we have been digging up and planting in. One of the first plants to go in was a palm I had had in a pot for about 2-3yrs and it was really beginning to suffer



since it has been in the garden which is less than a month, it has produced one complete leaf and you can see the spike of a second on its way!!

I am really glad I decided to plant my bamboos in pots



this one as you can see has gone mental!
My first aubergine!



Do you remember this



well it has grown a bit!





and walking back up my jungle patio



Must dash my sister is coming today!!!

8 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Great minds think alike Libby! I too posted my garden today. Here is the poem I used....

The Gardener's Morning
The robin's song at daybreak
Is a clarion call to me.Get up and get out in the garden,
For the morning hours flee.

I cannot resist the summons,
What earnest gardener could?
For the golden hours of morning
Get into the gardener's blood.

The magic spell is upon me,
I'm glad that I did not wait;
For life's at its best in the morning,
As you pass through the garden gate.
- Howard Dolf

Cheryl said...

Libby....I love your garden to....I have followed you through the ups and downs and doesn't it look tropical.....it is a beautiful space, thank you for sharing.....

Curmudgeon said...

That red banana is so exotic. And the aubergine is so adorable! What a wonderful jungle you have.
-Curmudgeon

Shammickite said...

The Indian Bean Tree.... is that when we call a Catalpa here in N America?
The leaves look just the same. I have one at least 40' high in my driveway. It has aromatic white flowers in the late spring, which turn into 10" long green beans by the autumn, and then it drops dried beans on us all winter. It's a very messy tree, always dropping something, first flowers, then leaves and beans... and then seeds which sprout absolutely everywhere.

Libbys Blog said...

It is indeed a Catalpa and by the sounds of it not a good choice for a small garden!!!! lol!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your jungle garden - and many congratulations on your first aubergine.

It is too hot for me to do anything - so that is precisely what I have done!!!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

It's a jungle that garden of yours, and such a lovely one too. Your tropical plants must love all that heat and rain we've been having lately.

I never tire of looking at your garden Libby and I love reading all about it.

Vallen said...

As beautiful as a Hawaiian island.