Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring or Winter?

Spring has Sprung
The grass is riss
I wonder where the sunshine is????

We went for a walk yesterday K and I, we had to wrap up warm



as it was doing this,


snowing! Where is Spring, this is the Easter weekend!
It didn't stick down by us but up on the hills



It was quite good fun and we saw lots of things, can you see what we saw?

Look closely...........

A pair of ducks, they had been swimming up and down the ditches when we first spotted them, I tried to get a photo of them swimming but they where camera shy!

But best of all our first lambs, these are a couple of weeks old now, so where really early for this farmer



this is unusual as this farmer doesn't usually lamb until April. Lots of farmers nowadays lamb in February!

10 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

I was reading back over my blog for last year at this time... I think it was a lot warmer!!!! great Photos, love the lambs.

Cheryl said...

I enjoyed that walk Libby,its nice to know you are the hardy type, me to. Love the lambs, so very cute, but as you say where the heck is spring?????

mrsnesbitt said...

We have just eturned from a drive on the moors! Pick-up not the bike!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Chrissie said...

I enjoyed your walk too :-) Coughs and sneezes have this household over and I have stayed indoors these last two days! Thanks for the pond advice, HG has sorted the pump out and we have put that on, it is a bit clearer, plus we have some new oxy weed to go in. Stay warm :-)

Mrs. G. said...

What sweet baby lambs. I hope it warms up for you soon.

Sheila said...

There's me thinking everything was daffodils and pussy willows..!
Sorry it's not too good weather wise, but it is still better than here. As I write we are being lashed with sleet and hugh winds.
The calendar might say Spring, but someone forgot to tell Mother Nature..!
Love those lambs..!
xx

Gretel said...

Ah, but it is very nice today, is it not? I have not seen any lambs yet, so it was lovely to see these. :)

Shammickite said...

It's been very cold here too for the Easter weekend, and it even snowed about 1" overnight two nights ago.
Won't it be nice when we can put those winter coats and hats and scarves away for the summer?

Vallen said...

And I remember those hills as being so green. I would love to see them now.

Anonymous said...

Awesome walk - and photos - and those baby lambs..............