Another '8 Random Facts about me' Ruth has tagged me from one of her blogs 'A Bee's Eye View'
This is the current view out of my patio doors, I have to clear the greenhouse pieces before the 8th August when the coal will be delivered!!!!!!!
1. I am scared of heights, I can stand on a ladder in the house, but don't do ladders outside although I have been on the 'London Eye' and the cable car up 'Table Mountain'! I just didn't look down, I looked out.
From the arch looking through the veg patch, which is not doing well,the onions and potatoes are doing fine and I have had plenty of lettuce, but no beetroot or spring onions. I have lost all but 1 plant of butternut squash. The french beans are not doing well either. Not sure where I have gone wrong or whether it is the weather!!!!
2. If ever I come for a visit please don't offer me anything with swede or turnip in, I can't stand them!!!!!!!!!
The chickens home, they are definately better here and currently we are getting 3 eggs a day.
3, My sister is my bestest friend and I love her to pieces.
I managed to mow the lawn yesterday but did not do a great job. Our motor mower packed up a while back and we got a push one, which to be honest is great, provided you keep the lawn short, let it get long and it can't cope!!!!
4. I was sewing clothes for myself by the age of 13.
The brugmansia has been kept in the shelter of my 'BayTree/Bush' seems to be surviving the awful winds we have been having!
5. I had some really awful boyfriends, and I mean really horrible. When I think back I shudder to think what I put up with. But it turned out alright in the end and we will have been married 20 years this August!!!
This globe thistle is at the bottom of the garden, my plants down here are really struggling with the shade from the 3 silver birch trees. I get no sun here at all until gone 12 o'clock. So most of my plants are now leaning for the light dreadfully. I may have to lose the flower beds and do something else down here!!!
6. I take a size 9 shoe and have done since I was 13. I was photographed and a piece written about my feet and the trouble I had buying shoes,in the Daily Express in 1978ish.
This is the windowbox (at the front of my cottage) my Dad had made on board ship, its teak! It must be 40+ years old by now I love it. I planted surfinas in here this year and they are not happy usually they are overflowing everywhere, its just not been warm enough for them! When I took this pic, I noticed you could see your own breath, when you breathed out!! Now is that the type of weather we should be having in July!!!!
7. I love the Simon & Garfunkle Album, 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'.
Some of my marbled nasturtiums.
8. I have more friends in 'Blog Land' than I do in real life!!!
If you wish to have a go at the 8 random facts about you then please do!!!
DIY Birdseed Wreath
5 days ago